DOZR is transforming the $60 billion equipment rental industry. Every road, hospital, school, home and rocket that is built needs equipment, but there are a lot of challenges that currently exist when renting, maintaining and managing that equipment. We have set out to change that!
DOZR is an online marketplace for heavy equipment. Our platform helps people find equipment rentals anywhere, anytime, and instantly compares pricing across thousands of equipment suppliers across North America.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving complex problems. Founded in 2015, we are a mission-driven, well-funded, fast growing startup, backed by industry experts and leading VCs.
We are expanding quickly and looking for talented people to join our team!
DOZR.com is the world's largest online equipment rental marketplace which combines price transparency, a comprehensive view of the market, and a seamless user experience for contractors and rental companies.
The DOZR.com marketplace is expanding fast, and as a Fullstack Engineer on the Product Engineering team, you will be working closely with the design, marketing and engineering teams on cross-functional projects.
This is a high impact role with a chance to be the founding engineering in our product engineering efforts.
In a typical day, you will:
- Build and deliver core customer-facing features of our website and native applications
- Work cross-functionally with the design and marketing teams to build a delightful user experience for our customers
- Take ownership and be directly responsible for the long term success of what you ship to production and deliver to customers
- Optimize new and existing features to ensure our products are running at blazing fast speeds
- Learn new cutting edge technologies and frameworks as needed, adapt and implement them to our ecosystem, and work on sharing your knowledge with your teammates
The ideal candidate has:
- Passion for the intersection of software engineering and user experience
- Interest and passion for building products that are a joy to interact with
- Proficiency in writing clean, maintainable and robust production grade code
- Ability to collaborate and execute within a fast-paced engineering team with agile dev sprints
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to new problems and learn new skills fast. We have a diverse microservices based architecture, and continuously encounter new and exciting engineering problems!
- Independent learners who can quickly ramp up to speed on our stack (React/Redux/React Native/Node.js/MongoDB), and build features end to end for our client facing web and native applications
- Ability to conduct peer code reviews of fellow developers in the Full Stack Engineering team.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- Exposure to creating customer-facing products at a fast paced startup
- Comfortable with React components, hooks, refs, and prop management
It is an asset if you bring the following:
- Understanding of the basics of SEO, site optimization, proper memory management
- A history of creating unique personal projects that advance and expand your knowledge base of modern technologies
- Past experience in a startup environment, with an entrepreneurial mindset
We are looking for trailblazers who love challenging problems because those are the ones worth solving. You will be successful at DOZR if you have:
- Relentless passion for learning
- Obsession towards building high quality products, strategy and processes
- A mind set to build long-term scalable solutions
- Value data-driven decisions
- Care deeply about your team members and culture
Please note that this is a remote position and we are considering all applicants.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Remote work
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Stock options
DOZR has been certified as a Great Place to Work®.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by clicking the "Apply Now" button.