Please note that this is a remote position and we are considering all applicants.
We are hiring multiple positions for Junior, Intermediate and Senior roles.
DOZR is a marketplace for the online rental of heavy equipment. Our platform helps contractors of all sizes find the equipment rentals they need anywhere, anytime, and instantly compare prices from thousands of equipment suppliers across North America (including peer-to-peer equipment sharing). Founded by experienced construction veterans, DOZR is disrupting the way this $60+ Billion dollar industry operates. This is big. Really big.
We believe in working hard. Authenticity and trust are at the core of what we do. We're customer-obsessed, honest, authentic and innovative, to name a few. We seize opportunities to educate and solve problems. It is our mission to bring heavy equipment within reach for anyone, anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual who has a desire to be part of an early stage company. As a General Fullstack Developer, Product Engineering Team you will be able to develop your skills and work with an enthusiastic team.
This is a high impact role with a chance to be the founding engineering in our product engineering efforts.
On a Typical Day, You Will:
- Build and deliver core customer-facing features of our website and native applications
- Work cross-functionally with the design and marketing teams to build a delightful user experience
- Take ownership and be directly responsible for the long term success of what you ship to production and deliver to customers
- Optimize new and existing features to ensure our products are running at blazing fast speeds
- Learn new cutting edge technologies and frameworks as needed, adapt and implement them to our ecosystem, and work on sharing your knowledge with your teammates
Who Are You?
- Team Player and Problem Solver
- Value an empathic and kind team
- Passion for the intersection of software engineering and user experience
- Interest and passion for building products that are a joy to interact with
- Proficiency in writing clean, maintainable and robust production grade code
- Ability to collaborate and execute within a fast-paced engineering team with agile dev sprints
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to new problems and learn new skills fast. We have a diverse microservices based architecture, and continuously encounter new and exciting engineering problems!
- Independent learners who can quickly ramp up to speed on our stack (React/Redux/React Native/Node.js/MongoDB), and build features end to end for our client facing web and native applications
- Ability to conduct peer code reviews of fellow developers in the Product Engineering team.
- Exposure to creating customer-facing products at a fast paced environment
- Experience with React 17 and a full understanding of the ReactDOM render cycle, hooks, prop management and refs
It is an asset if you bring the following:
- Understanding of the basics of SEO, site optimization, and proper memory management
- Experience with NextJs, MongoDB or other NoSQL Databases
- A history of creating unique personal projects that advance and expand your knowledge base of modern frameworks
- Past experience in a startup environment, and have an entrepreneurial mindset
What Sets DOZR Apart?
- DOZR is revolutionizing the massive construction rental space
- Work Remotely, Gather Socially!
- Inclusive environment - come as you are
- Great Benefits
- Authentic founds and peers
- On-going career development, we invest in you!
- Employee Stock Options
- What you do at DOZR makes a difference! You’ll be able to see your impact at DOZR.
Life At DOZR
We act the DOZR way!
This means we are; Customer Obsessed, Transparent, Zero Politics Attitude, Authentic
We are bold, and take risks, and Everyone picks up a shovel!
We Have High Potential
Now is the best time to join, we are growing quickly with no sign of slowing down. Climb aboard the rocket ship!
Learning & Growth
Come and learn from the best! We view every experience as an opportunity to grow. DOZR is certified as a Great Place to Work®. because we challenge and develop all of our employees so that they can reach their goals.
Please submit applications to email@example.com by clicking the “apply now” button - insert the job title in the subject line of your application!
We thank all applicants in advance; as a result of volume only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process - please make your requirements known once contacted.