DOZR is transforming the $200 billion equipment rental industry. Every road, hospital, school, home and rocket that is built needs equipment, but there are a lot of challenges that currently exist when renting, maintaining and managing that equipment. We have set out to change that!
DOZR is an online marketplace for heavy equipment. Our platform helps people find equipment rentals anywhere, anytime, and instantly compares pricing across thousands of equipment suppliers across North America.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving complex problems. Founded in 2015, we are a mission-driven, well-funded, fast growing startup, backed by industry experts and leading VCs.
We are expanding quickly and looking for talented people to join our team!
DOZR.com is the world's largest online equipment rental marketplace which combines price transparency, a comprehensive view of the market, and a seamless user experience for contractors and rental companies.
As a Public Relations Specialist, you will play a vital role in supporting the public relations strategy at DOZR. You will be responsible for the successful implementation of proactive and strategic public relations programs that build awareness for DOZR’s vision, brand value and ecommerce solutions. You will work directly with internal stakeholders including marketing and content specialists to increase awareness of the DOZR brand with global media, including through media outreach, PR and thought leadership campaigns. You will manage the press release pipeline and work with the Director of Marketing to ensure consistent brand visibility with key external stakeholders.
In a typical day you might:
- Compile and deliver an internal daily communication showcasing DOZR coverage and industry trends
- Measure, analyze and report results of PR programs and provide weekly updates to wider team on metrics attainment progress
- Monitor media coverage and secure media opportunities with DOZR stakeholders
- Write, schedule and prepare communication materials, including but not limited to press releases, messaging, interview briefing documents, byline articles and pitches
- Support designated business units with media opportunities, aligning product marketing goals with communication tactics
- Support press-related programs at company events
- Work closely with creative and social teams to complement editorial opportunities with visual aids and cross-channel external communications
- Maintain media and public relations calendar, coordinating agenda items and logistics as necessary
- Demonstrate professionalism and a commitment to producing high quality work, with the ability to collaborate with a team in a fast-paced environment
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years work experience in public relations/communications/marketing or a related field
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to oversee and anticipate obstacles that may impact deadlines
- Dynamic, self-starter with the ability to work autonomously on multiple projects
- A strong understanding of the US and Canadian media landscape is a plus, with the ability to monitor and stay current on key trends and topics that serve as an opportunity to elevate DOZR visibility in the media
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Very strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to interact with individuals and functional teams, spanning all organizational levels
- A high level of commitment, energy and enthusiasm with an interest in technology
We are looking for trailblazers who love challenging problems because those are the ones worth solving. You will be successful at DOZR if you have:
- Relentless passion for learning
- Obsession towards building high quality products, strategy and processes
- A mind set to build long-term scalable solutions
- Value data-driven decisions
- Casual dress
- Flexible work hours
- Remote office/work from home
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Stock options
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
DOZR has been certified as a Great Place to Work®.